Saturday, October 16, 2004

Hi folks!
We are good to go with our Salem trip. I and Ida's mom, Emily's dad, and Erin's mom are driving.
If you can't go, don't worry. We'll be taking other trips in and around the Boston area throughout the year.
Katie - Great job with the novel synopsis. I can't believe you got everyone's input, but you did.
Wow. We should posted it here so Elenaor can read it, too. She'll definitely get it.
Eleanor - I hope you are doing well. We miss you! Trickster's Queen is out and everyone is on hold for it. Other books we talked about last week are: the Persepolis books I & II by Satrapi, Odo Hirsh books, Orca Soundings books (very short, but good), Perks (of course), Witches Key to Terror, the Led Zeppelin biography: Stairway to Heaven.
Ida noted that she and her French penpal have REALLY bonded. They seem to like the same kind of things.
My impression is that next weekend is the Drama club's Fall Festival. I hope all goes well for it. I will be in Chicago visiting my daughter, Anna. She is really liking the University of Chicago. It is a place where the "Life of the Mind" is alive and well. The discussons are great and the readings blend science, philosophy, and literature.
Bernie Margolis, the president of the Boston Public Library is coming to our next Bookmarks' meeting. I hope he enjoys it. I think we should have one of our deeper discussions for him....
Ellen

No comments: